Making gifts of stock, IRA charitable rollovers, property to Crossroads or through a donor-advised funds are all excellent tax-advantaged ways to help those experiencing homelessness. Consult your qualified tax advisor to see if the below giving options are right for you.

Donate Appreciated Securities

Donating appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds share is a tax-advantaged way to help those experiencing homelessness.

By donating gifts of stock or other assets that you have held for more than one year to Crossroads, you will receive the same income tax savings as a cash gift, but with the added benefit of eliminating capital gains taxes on the transfer, which can be as high as 20%.

To request our current stock transfer instructions, please contact our senior philanthropy officer at or (401) 277-4328.

IRA Distribution

If you are at least 70 ½ years of age, you can make a gift of up to $100,000 directly to Crossroads Rhode Island through a charitable IRA rollover, without owing any income tax on the distribution.

A charitable IRA rollover can be used to satisfy required minimum distributions.

Contact or (401) 277-4328 for more information.

Donate Property

You can support Crossroads Rhode Island by donating appreciated property or leaving real estate to us in your will.

By giving a gift to Crossroads in the form of real estate or other appreciated assets, you can avoid paying capital gains tax, while making an impact in your local community.

Contact or (401) 277-4328 for more information.

Donor Advised Funds

A Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) acts as a charitable investment account. Your DAF contributions are eligible for an immediate tax deduction, allowing you the flexibility of both investing funds for tax-free growth and recommending grants to charitable organizations you care about.

Learn more

Interested in learning more about tax-advantaged giving?

Connect with our senior philanthropy officer at or by calling (401) 277-4328.